This is a half day tour of The Greater Soweto which takes you through famous landmarks like Baragwanath Precinct, Orlando East Towers, Hector Pietersen Museum and Mandela House Museum.
- Pick up at Rosebank or arranged point at 09:00 or hotel.
- We pass through Sanctuary Mandela in Houghton which was the house Nelson Mandela stayed at from 1992 to 1998 throughout his Presidency after his release from prison. We will tour it before we go to Soweto where you will tour his house he stayed at before his capture and imprisonment.
- Drive past Baragwanath hospital the 3th largest hospital in the world and reputedly the largest in the southern hemisphere.
- We take a stop at the Orlando Towers which have become the trademark of Soweto and explore the cooling towers which were built in the 1930’s and decommissioned in 1998 and now they serve as an entertain and business centre.
- We visit Hector Pieterson Museum, which depicts the scenes leading up to the students uprising in 1976 and eventual turn to democracy.
- We then stop at Vilakazi Street the only street in the world which can boast to having two Nobel Peace Prize Winners in Mandela and Tutu. You will tour the Mandela museum and pass by Tutu’s house.
PICK UP POINT:
Pick up from hotel or where preferred by client.
R990 per person (Min. 2 people). R750 from a group of six or more.
Entry to Nelson Mandela House Museum.
Lunch not included in the tour.
Hector museum entrance fees.
Looking forward to sharing a piece of Soweto with you!
Live Life Without Limits! Be Adventurous!