This is a half day tour of The Greater Soweto which takes you through famous landmarks like Baragwanath Precinct, Orlando East Towers, Hector Pietersen Museum and Mandela House Museum.
- Pick up at Rosebank or arranged point at 09:00 or hotel.
- We pass through Newtown and Chancellor House (Mandela and Tambo law offices) in Joburg CBD.
- Drive past Baragwanath hospital the 3th largest hospital in the world and reputedly the largest in the southern hemisphere.
- We take a stop at the Orlando Towers which have become the trademark of Soweto and explore the cooling towers which were built in the1930’s and decommissioned in 1998 and now they serve as an entertain and business centre.
- We visit Hector Pietersen Museum, which depicts the scenes leading up to the students uprising in 1976 and eventual turn to democracy.
- We then stop at Vilakazi Street the only street in the world which can boast to having two Nobel Peace Prize Winners in Mandela and Tutu. You will tour the Mandela museum and pass by Tutu’s house.
PICK UP POINT:
Pick up from hotel or where preferred by client.
R650 per person
Lunch not included in the tour.
Mandela and Hector museums entrance fees.
Looking forward to sharing a piece of Soweto with you!
Live Life Without Limits! Be Adventurous!